Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hixson Award

The Hixson award, for me, was something I thought I had no chance of getting. Though there weren't many people attending Iowa State, I thought my chances were slim to none. I knew I had to pay for college so I decided to fill the application out anyways.

I never really knew about the Hixson award until my high school counselor told me about it. She said that I have a very good chance of gettting it. So I wrote an essay and fill out the rest of the application and sent it in not thinking that I would get it.

After receiving the letter in the mail about getting the award I was so happy and proud of myself for getting it. The scholarship helped me out finacially so that I can be successful in my life. The scholarship means a lot and has lighten my cost for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment